THINGS TO DO IN BOISE
- There are so many options to choose from when it comes to family fun activities. This page cannot provide all the attractions Boise and the surrounding areas have to offer however, here are the top family attractions in the Boise area as well as a few others worth mentioning.
- With the Foothills literally in our backyard Boise is an amazing outdoor living town. The surrounding Boise area offers plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails fit for all types of trail seekers. We also have the beautiful Boise River running right through town. You can float the river or pop over to Quinn’s Pond and enjoy a day of paddle boarding or even surfing. There is even a lake within a 20-minute commute to town.
- Many consider Idaho as the “potato” state. We are so much more than potatoes. The city of Boise was founded during the civil war on Independence Day of 1863. Early Settlers were Oregon Trail followers that would stop in Boise to replenish their supplies and gold rush miners looking to strike it rich.
- If you are a sports fan, Boise has you covered. Boise is home to the Boise State Broncos and their signature blue turf on the football field. We also have a minor league baseball team and a hockey team as well.
- There is something for everyone when it comes to night life in Boise. We have classy wine and whiskey bars, fun and games bars, dance clubs and a ton of local breweries. Only a few are highlighted in this page but there are so many more.
- If you love to get out and enjoy the arts than you will love living in Boise. From the ballet to contemporary theater, Boise really does have it all. We have local theater as well as traveling Broadway shows that come to town. Also, you can enjoy the rich Basque history that lives on in the Basque block. The Boise Art Museum features local art as well as traveling art shows. This page contains the top Arts attractions in the area but there are so much more throughout the entire Treasure Valley.
- We could go on and on about all the amazing food there is in the Boise area however, we nor you have that kind of time. The following eateries are just a sample of the local hotspots in the area. There are so many more to check out in the greater Treasure Valley, but you can start with these and discover so much more once you are living here.
- Whether you like boutique shopping in downtown, mall shopping or checking out local vendors at the farmers market Boise does not disappoint. Listed on this page are just a few of the shops you will find around downtown and the larger shopping complexes.